Friday, May 1, 2009

Parlez-Vous Francais?

My daughter (a first year piano student) was asked to play a hymn she had been practicing for the senior adult gathering at our church this month. The program singer was going to sing the first stanza of the hymn in English and then repeat it in French. He asked the group that had gathered how many of them spoke French, and at least 85% of the people raised their hands. I think our family table was the only one without a hand raised!

I do not share this video to be a bragging mother, although that totally works for me as well, but to show that the French language is still a part of daily life around here. Often I will head into the local grocery store and here 2 or 3 men standing around speaking in cajun French to each other.

Although I couldn't understand what was being sung in French, I could have listened to it a while longer. Enjoy!

2 comments:

DavidPulling said...

"Rien que le sang de Jesus," ouai!!!

Mon frere Mike 'a bien chante', et la 'tite Ashley 'a bien joue'!

Unknown said...

I spent years living in Miami-Dade, FL with multiple languages in churches. I learned to play the piano in many languages. At least the NOTES are the same no matter what the language!