Friday, May 8, 2009

And The Winner Is....

MEALS ON WHEELS


Congratulations to MIGirlsMom!

However, there was one entry that made me bust out with a laugh as soon as I read it. Then when my husband came home, I read it to him and he gave a chuckle. Anyone that can make us both laugh like that deserves to be the winner too! So congratulations to Angela Stephens-Owens for her entry~

Hey lady over there...you...behind the camera...
yea you....can you kindly turn me around?
Curly over here has digestive issues.

Both MIGirlsMom and Angela will be receiving $5 gift certificate to either Sonic or Wal-Mart. (Send me a regular email or facebook email with your mailing addresses and choice of gift cert!)

Unfortunately, I can't hand out prizes to every person that entered, but there were a few honorable mentions that made picking a winner tough.

1. Butt Head. Seriously fantastic entry. Perhaps it's because we don't say that around the house or in conversation, so it just seemed like that silly/funny entry. Makes you giggle...like when the ketchup farts. (You know what I'm talking about. Admit it.)

2. Heads or Tails? Love it. Totally works with the picture. Very clever.

3. Peek-a-FLU! I'll tell you...this was so close to being the winner. I think if my husband had the final vote, it would have won. The whole concept was fantastic. The little pig peeking out, the timely reference to the swine flu, combined together. Genius!

I can't believe no one came up with "Ham Sandwich"!?! That's what my daughter wanted to post this morning...she's a thinker.

Thank you all for participating. It was fun! I hope to find another thought-provoking picture for next month as well. Stay tuned. You never know when it will pop up!

OH, and now I can change the music back to something not-so-annoying!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, congrats to the winners! Those were 2 of my favorites-- along with "Butt Head"!! I can hardly wait for the next contest!!

Angela Stephens-Owens said...

Wow, I never win anything!

MIgirlsmom said...

Okay, "Butt Head"...made me laugh every time I scrolled past it! :-) But like what you said...we never say that...but it fit so perfectly, it was funny!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I had to check in with the blog. You keep me posted on my heritage and I was starting to feel a little lost.. LOL. This pic labeling is hilarious. I love it. Hope to have internet by next week and then I can return to civilization.