Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spice It Up Wednesday!

Here's an interesting one for those not from around here.


Yes, you read that correctly. You are to "Slap Ya Mama". How offensive can that be!?!

The creators of Slap Ya Mama give this explanation for the name of their cajun spice on their website~
The name of "SLAP YA MAMA" came about when the creator of the seasoning jokingly said, "When you use this seasoning, the food taste so good that it will make you want to go home and slap ya mama because she could never make something taste that great."

Slap Ya Mama is made just up the road from here in Ville Platte. They even bring their van and deliver the spice to our local Walmart. The shelves are FULL of it, and everyone has heard of it...so there's nothing offensive in writing "Slap Ya Mama" on the grocery list!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Being a "Tony's" loyal follower so many years, I must admit I've never tried Slap Ya Mama's BUT suppose a little try sometime when I'm not cooking for my husband or son-in-law is in order! I'll let you know!

Van said...

Having grown up in New Orleans I get a deep loning for cajun food every once in a while. A coupld of weeks ago my DH made me a big pot of gumbo. IT was delish - but I bet Slap Yo Mama is just the added touch he needs!