Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spice It Up Wednesday!

For this first installment of 'Spice It Up Wednesday' I knew I had to begin with the grandfather of all spices. This is the backbone of cajun cooking in almost every house.

Tony Chachere's

Recently when a friend was explaining how to cook a crawfish pasta dish, she told me to boil the pasta in the "Tony's water". Of course I had to ask...what is Tony's water? Around here instead of boiling something in salted water it gets boiled in Tony's water. It adds a bit more kick to everything. Tony's really does go on EVERYTHING.

Tony Chachere's isn't just found in our little corner of Louisiana. This stuff is everywhere! I have seen it in stores from Michigan to South Florida, but those places can't make the claim we can...it's produced within 25 miles of my house. It is truly a Louisiana thing!

To show the fame that our local spice has, here are some places you can find Tony Chachere's~

Facebook has a fanclub you can join here.

Tony has his own little dance on YouTube.

Tony and Jared have joined up to sell Subway sandwiches too!

2 comments:

selahV said...

Does this have a lot of sodium in it?

Camera Clicker said...

I think so. There is a lower sodium variety, which I'm sure came as a result of folks needed a lower salt intake!

I think some folks by the Slap Ya Mama brand of cajun seasoning because that one is lower in sodium, but a very similar taste. I just can't bring myself to by something that says that on the can! :)