Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Florida Welcomes You


Congratulations Clark! You hit a funnybone with that one. As soon as I saw it I chuckled, which is always a good thing. Besides, my husband really liked your 'stooped over' entry a lot. Having lived on the east and west coast of Florida for most of my life...I know exactly what that entry means! Loved it. (Now contact me and let me know which gift cert you want and where to send it.)

Now for some honorable mentions~

Becky G for the lyrics to the Hokey Pokey. Singing the lyrics while actually looking at the picture was pretty good. (Although Traveling Mercies Ministry did put the title entry in first.)

Steve nearly won with his entry of~ Criminals beware. We have dentures and are not afraid to use them! I liked how it included both the signs...very good! And really....SO close to winning, nearly a tie.

The last entry by Ashley~ 'She'll be comin' round the nursing home' was one of my favorites as well, but mostly because it belonged to my daughter. (Don't tell her she wasn't actually eligible to win since she lives in our house), but I have to give her some credit for a witty entry.

I hope everyone enjoyed the contest, even a little bit. I think I might make it a once a month event...what do you, my loyal readers, think of that?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

once a month! Oh goodie!! I'll be anxious to rev up my "thinking cap" in months to come!!

Becky G said...

I am honored to get an h.m.! There were some pretty good entries in there. We also welcome further competition.