Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm So Proud Of Them

My husband is a good dad.

He started running and then saw an opportunity to teach the kids how to run. Now they run together at least 3 mornings a week. It's our routine (ok, THEIR routine but I like to feel a part of things). Father and son go running first, then they circle back through and go for the father and daughter run time. They cover a lot of topics while running~ books they are reading, how school is going, what happened lately with their friends, etc. It's usually a fantastic time together.

On the morning I took these pictures, my son completed his first 10K running distance!! That's 6.2 miles. We were all proud of that accomplishment! My husband decided to go an extra mile before picking up my daughter, so they stood out there and looked for him...waiting to see him round the corner.

She's in the "ready" stance. She also wanted to let you know that she does NOT have gray legs...those are her leggings because it was a cool morning here.

Then they take off. They'll be back after about 1.5 miles.

Totals~

Dad~ 9.1 miles

Son~ 6.2 miles

Daughter~ 1.5 miles

3 comments:

Nana said...

SOOO--- when we gonna see Mom's 1 mile???

Payton's mom said...

So fun! I hope that is Payton and Zach one day :)

DavidPulling said...

and uncle, 4.8 miles and rising!