Saturday, September 6, 2008

You Gotta Love to Hate Them

For most of my faithful readers (all 3.5 of you) when I say lovebugs, I already know the thoughts that pop into your head.

~ Disgusting!

~ Now I have to wash my car.
~ When will they go away!?
~ Don't even open your mouth, they might fly in!
~ How do I explain THAT to my children?!!

Right??

For those folks that don't live in the south, lovebugs come out twice a year~ late spring and early fall. They have an acid inside them that will ruin the paint on your car after you 'splat' them while going down the road at high speeds. They are rarely not paired up together, thus the name 'LOVEbug', and they just look downright odd. They don't bite or sting. They are just annoying.

Well, it's that time again.


1 comment:

Andrea said...

We went to Creole, Lake Charles and Lafayette September of last year. We learned fast we did not want to go back in September again because of the Love Bugs. We were told they are bad in May too.