Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav Report, Part 1

We have power! We have water! We have cell phone service! Things are getting back to normal, but if you step outside and ride around town, you'll see the damage that Gustav left us. The church is still without power, along with most of our town.

Our time at the church all day Monday went well. We started with some good food, fun, and fellowship.

Lots of time + boredom + a captured audience = a marathon game of RISK

All gathered around the television in our church's fellowship hall. The cushy chairs were brought in from around the building. No need to endure any hardships this early in the storm!


Things got a bit more serious once the power went out, but we never felt afraid. Just aware of our surroundings.

(Oh, and Mom~ that is NOT me sitting in either of these chairs. Or any of your grandchildren!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Fernanda. I'm brazilian.
You've said that you're pastor's wife...
I just want to know witch church...
I hope Gustav didn' leave much demages.
Sorry about my english, I'm still learning.