Friday, September 5, 2008

A Gustav Addendum

Yes, I am tired of Gustav. I'm sure you are too.

I was feeling really normal this morning when I posted earlier. I was feeling that life was all in order. Then I walked out my back door.

I made a third attempt to find some milk, but passed the small store and couldn't hardly find a parking space. Since it was 11:20, I went ahead to see what fast food we might find for lunch. McDonald's was finally open!! So we drove up the to the speaker and found a sign that they had limited items to choose from~ fish filet, quarter pounder with cheese, or chicken nuggets. The kids were thrilled with those items, so they got lunch. I opted out. Where are my salads?? Where is my grilled chicken ranch snack wrap??

As I pulled out of the drive thru and onto the main road through town, I saw this~

Things just don't feel normal when the National Guard comes into town.

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Gustav was just a blip on our radar, but now we're looking at Ike with a very interested eye. And looking through your pictures just makes me dread--hugely dread--the difficulty of getting home after it's over if we decide to abandon ship before it hits. So what's worse? Riding it out? . . . Staying away and struggling to get home (to empty shelves and possibly a tree on the roof!) Yikes!