Friday, June 20, 2008

The Rodeo

Yes. The Rodeo.

I could never have guessed that my children would grow up having friends with horses. I could never have guessed that my children would have access to horses to actually get ON and ride. I'm not talking the plastic .25 ones in front of the grocery store here. Real. Live. Big. Horses.

Strange.

Now strange doesn't have to be a bad thing. Just a foreign idea or thought. Something new and unfamiliar. This is my relationship to the horses and subsequent rodeos that follow from owning horses......strange and fantastic at the same time!

This is a friend (she's 8?). We saw her ride in the rodeo (and she went on to win a buckle too)!

This was a favorite part of the rodeo~ the smoothing out of the dirt for the next event. I'm serious. We were fascinated with the tractor.

However, this was likely the cutest thing we saw that afternoon at the rodeo~

1 comment:

Ominous Rain said...

My favorite part is the tractor too! I don't know why though!