Thursday, September 3, 2009

For All My Urbanite Readers

I grew up in Hialeah, Florida. It was all city. It was all Miami.

I also grew up in Clearwater, Florida. It was still city, especially when we visited Tampa.

I lived in New Orleans, Louisiana for three years while my husband was in seminary. We rode that interstate ALL the time.

I also lived in Fort Lauderdale, in the middle of 12 lane interstate. We would drive back and forth from West Palm Beach south an hour every weekend for a while too.

Busy, big, full, rushing roads were a part of life. We knew them. We were even comfortable on them.

I thought all my friends still living in those thriving metropolises would appreciate a view of my commute home from work now.

Occasionally I have to wait for another car at this intersection to make my left-hand turn.
Not this day~

I drive down the road between the soybean fields on either side.

When I get to the 5 horses, I know I'm close to home. (My kids have named all 5 horses~ Brownie, Brownie, Brownie, Brownie, and....Brown. Guess what color they all are?)

Ah, at last. We made to the neighborhood. Home.

So there isn't a difficult or trying commute. It's a pretty quiet, scenic little drive. Of course, there's no Starbucks...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So unless you wanted to hit Walmart on the way home and get INTO town, you go home rested and relaxed and no "nerves on edge" from traffic. Remembering those 12lanes of traffic on I-95 certainly makes traveling Hwy 21 for me a piece of cake! HOWEVER, there are times I miss the hustle and bustle of the city!! That's when I go to New Orleans for just a little while!!!