Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Florida Sights

I started the blog back up and recommitted myself to finding blog subjects and photos, then I left town. I don't have anything from Louisiana to share with you loyal blog-readers, but I can find a picture to take just about anywhere I go. These photos are from Florida, where we are currently visiting the in-laws.

They live about 20 miles from the beach, so I suppose it's normal for them to have the little seabirds on their roofs. I'd never seen it before, even when I lived in Florida.


Then there are the manatees. They are like the crawfish in South Louisiana...except they are grey in color and about a billion times larger than a crawfish...and you don't actually eat them either. I'm not sure they would fit in the pot to boil...

Anyhow, they are everywhere, and people really like them.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Where were the manattee pictures taken? The outlet mall in Ellenton? I have never seen a manatee shopping before. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Manattees are so cute!

Payton's mom said...

They remind me of that Veggie Tales song about manattees, lol!

Camera Clicker said...

Yep, the picture is from Ellenton. Great place...my kids loved the Converse store there! Both ended up with some new shoes.