Monday, April 21, 2008

Creeping, Crawling Things

I know...this entire blog can't be about insects. Or can it?
Louisiana has some BIG, different, scary bugs.

Today I went outside to sit on the bench and pet the dog while finishing up a conversation on the phone. Eventually this little creature crawled up next to me. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I just knew our good, faithful protector dog would step in and save me from the horrible creature. He didn't.


If anyone can identify that caterpillar, I'd sure like to know what it is!

2 comments:

Gregg, Mandi, Lucie, Griffin, Drew and Caleb said...

not sure what it is but we had one in our back yard today too. When Griffin leaned in to examine, the poor creature scooted off pretty fast. can't imagine why it would be scared of a 20 month old ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what they are either, but if you think one is bad, you should have been at our house this spring! The place was crawling with them. You can rest easy, though, "worm season" is almost over. But, then the June bugs come. (And, at least you didn't have two jars of worms on your counter as a COLLECTION!)