Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cajun Chicken

We received a stuffed chicken for Christmas. A deboned, jambalya-stuffed chicken to be precise. I thought my 2.6 readers not from around here might want to see what it's all about, and even if you don't...I needed something new to post!

As you can see, it came with some extra spice all over it. We haven't fully adjusted to cajun seasoning yet, so I did wash off a bit (most) of the red stuff I thought might set us on fire.

You place the chicken string side down (where it was cut open to debone and stuff) and bake it for 75 minutes at 350*. It sure smelled good baking!

I sliced it open and SURPRISE! There is the jambalya!

You can get stuffed chickens here at the poultry market (or is it poultry store). We have had them stuffed with crawfish, rice dressing, and with pork. They have all been very, very tasty!

By the way~ it's still FREEZING here in the south South.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. We discovered your blog today. Really enjoyed it. We are kindred spirits, indeed. Particularly enjoyed reading about the crayfish. Would like to know more. But, I see that you ended your blog last year. Are you still there?

Camera Clicker said...

Yep! Still here....watching the news as the other side of our parish is about to be flooded in the coming days.
I appreciate you leaving a comment. It's good to know someone might still be reading the blog! I really enjoyed updating it, but then I knew it was time for me to move on to something else.

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!!

http://xiao-thung.blogspot.com/2013/06/signboard.html

Unknown said...

Looks Amazing!
http://serensdays.blogspot.com/