Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Resemblance

Moving to Louisiana means that we are that much closer to my family. I was born in Louisiana, and my grandparents still live in the same town where I was born. Just last Saturday we met up with my parents and grandparents for lunch at the new Mexican restaurant around the corner from my grandparent's house. The food was decent, but the scenery was even better!

I'm not talking about things being authentically from Mexico. I'm talking about the family scenery. It's amazing the things you notice when you are with family. The little things that show a connectedness. A relationship. A resemblance.

Like Mother (my grandmother).

Like Daughter (my mother).


Maybe one day there will be a picture of me with the infamous "napkin bib" on....hmmm. It might be genetic!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just keep in mind, I don't get spills down the front of my blouses/shirts!! When you get older you try to save all the laundry work you can!!! I actually think I started the napkin bid and Mamaw decided it was a good idea!!!!!

DavidPulling said...

Hilarious. What a gem! (Now I know where Ashley gets her creative gift!)

Unknown said...

Ashley's creative gift comes from her mama, her daddy and her Papaw Bob!!! ME-- I just make up stuff as I go along!! I don't think and plan it!!!!