Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sneaux

Snow actually, but most things with that O sound end in eaux around here! We went to bed with thoughts of morning snow, realizing that it's unlikely to happen but hopeful. We woke up to this~

I know snow isn't part of the south Louisiana culture, but somehow it showed up out my back door this morning! The schools have closed for this 'snow day' and kids are running all over the yards playing. I could hear neighbors having conversations with each other at 5:30 this morning and just laughing together at this phenomenon. It's fantastic!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the spelling of "snow"! That's great!
Lisa

Pastor Tim said...

sneaux day...neaux school

Dani said...

I was waiting for your pics.. I knew they would be up here. I told my dad I would wait until lunch time to check your blog so I could see the sneaux. It is really pretty. I do hope it snows in England.. Just a little each year at least.

A Family of Arnaud's said...

Automatic snow shoveling sidewalks! Bet them Yankees wish they had that. ;=)

Anonymous said...

Automatic snow shoveling sidewalks...YEP that would be nice!!! Along with automatic snow shoveling driveways, grocery store parking lots, church parking lots, side streets....YEP that would be nice! ;-)
Lisa in Michigan with an automatic shoveler/snowblower named Steve! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it fun?

Anonymous said...

A wonderfully creative spelling! How inventive. thanks. Dad