Thursday, November 20, 2008

Flourishing


How do these trees grow inside this building?



How long has the building been roofless and open, allowing seeds to grow into saplings and then into large, strong trees? Years? Decades?


Psalm 52:8-9 (NIV)

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.


May I be open, allowing the rain and sun inside, so I can flourish too.

(Building is just outside Opelousas, LA on Hwy. 190)

2 comments:

Pastor Tim said...

Great post. Great pictures.

DavidPulling said...

Susan,
Is this the old building just as you enter Opelousas? If it is, I think it's been vacant a very long time. My mother told me that when she was in grade school, her class took a field trip (the only one she ever remembers taking) to this weiner-meat packing factory. She said she remembers that all the students each received a free weiner--that was a most memorable moment because she had never had one before. Her folks lived off the land (quite literally) and hardly ever had anything store bought. I'll try to remember to ask her if she remembers the name of this company--could be Frey (I'm just guessing)---Sarah